Background

Monday, November 18, 2013

The Cable Gal

Aerin Lauder
Flipping through the latest edition of Residence magazine, I came across an article about Aerin Lauder's family home in Aspen, Colorado. The stunning chalet has featured in a number of magazines and blogs, but one of my favourite images is of the lady of the house perched on a wooden reclining chair, wearing the most delectable chunky cable knit sweater. Paired with a pair of leather pants and toasty Sorel boots, she looks perfectly comfortable yet stylish.

I love me a nice, chunky cream cable knit sweater and am perpetually in search of the perfect one. Unfortunately, I am EXTREMELY sensitive to itchy fabrics (even certain cashmere sweaters can drive me around the bend because of their ever so slightly scratchy quality, so it's really not a snob-thing -  cotton or synthetics simply work best for me) so some sweaters, like this gorgeous Paul & Joe version, are not for me. Asos does a cute one with suede elbow patches (see below), as does J. Crew. My favorites are Aerin's and Alexa Chung's, also below. So my mission to find something similar continues.




Alice Dellal


Alexa Chung



Asos sweater




Tommy Hilfiger sweater

No comments:

Post a Comment