Background

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Industrial stools



Last weekend we went to visit my father-in-law in the very picturesque town of Delft. He lives in the coolest house imaginable; it's an old, converted soap company, complete with exposed brick walls (like in the picture above), a two-story high gigantic tub (the top of which they covered with a bespoke wooden  top which is 3 meters in diameter!!) in which the soap used to be mixed, and the lingering smell of delicious soap which seems to have permeated the walls. My father-in-law and his partner are probably the two coolest, most fascinating and fun people I've ever known. He's a diplomat tuned art-lover and she's an amazing cook with a great catering business and who also paints beautifully. Their home is a mixture of antique, DIY furnishings and great finds. The most recent was a pair of vintage industrial chrome and vinyl bar stools, of which I stupidly didn't think to take a picture (next time, folks!! In fact, the entire house deserves a proper shoot, so I owe you that!), but it really inspired my new-found love of vintage and industrial, stools.  You like?



I love these fuchsia Tolix stools - they're on my list!




via Etsy

via Houzz

via Savvy Southern Style

No comments:

Post a Comment