Background

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Lucky them!

Sometimes you see a home that is just so fresh and light and - for lack of a better term - happy looking, that you instantly fall in love with it. That's what happened when I was perusing the latest issue of Architectural Digest and stumbled upon the beautiful Beverly Hills home of Lucky Brand executives Dave DeMattei and Patrick Wade. It has once again convinced me that the light in Southern California really is different (read better) than in Holland, and that beautiful neutrals need not be monotonous, particularly when given a pop of colour in the form of bright lamp shade, a vibrant bouquet of flowers or a spunky stool to draw the eye in.

My favourite room is probably the dining room. I love those dove grey walls set off by the crisp, white moldings and slip covers on the chair. And don't get me started on the blue and white Chinese jars! I love, love, love blue and white China (have quite a bit of it in my own home). That pool isn't half bad either, though, is t?! Time for a little bit of California dreaming, me thinks! Seriously, is it wrong to lust after things you can never have as much as I do? 














No comments:

Post a Comment