Background

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Taking it on the ear

Cara Delevingne
Maybe I've just crawled from under a rock, perhaps this trend has been around for a lot longer than I thought, so forgive me my ignorance, but I've been picking up on the ear cuff trend and I don't quite know what to make of it. Do I love it or hate it? I always enjoy something different, and my pearl drop earrings, boho chic chandeliers and chunky gold hoops aren't doing it for me anymore. Can I get away with anything as edgy as the ear cuff without looking like I'm trying too hard? We know it looks good on young, hot models like Cara Delevingne, and Jessica Alba and Diane Kruger can do no wrong by me, but what about me, the (a)typical suburban mom with one foot in the fashion world, the other firmly ensconced in a sensible pair of Superga's?

Not every ear cuff is quite up my alley - some are just a little too hard core for me - but I keep finding myself drawn to designs by jewelry designer Maria Black or Repossi (available via Net-a-porter) - as if I could ever afford the latter! I'm a fan of the version that's more of a comma-shaped earring, but hints at an ear cuff, like Olivia Munn's below. Call it the beginner's ear cuff. Baby steps, right? So what do you guys think? Are you aged 35 or over and already sporting a pair? Does it even matter?

Olivia Munn



Etro

Maria Black ear cuff

 Repossi ear cuff

Tuula Vintage

via Vogue Globo

No comments:

Post a Comment