Background

Monday, July 22, 2013

You light up my life

Paul Raeside via Pinterest

Hey guys, I'm back again, although I don't know for how long, because I am positively melting away here. Holland is in the middle of a heatwave and even my computer has slowed down, it's so hot! I felt like writing about something non-beach-related, but wanted to stay to keep it light (forgive that incredibly lame pun, and the equally lame title, but my brain is in the first stages of full-on melt-down mode).

Anyhoo, that's why I've gone overboard with the chandelier pictures. Saying I love chandeliers is a gross understatement. I love what they do to a room, whether lit or not. It's really like home decor's equivalent of jewelry, and who doesn't love jewelry?! The rooms below (and the one above - the only example of a mirrored ceiling I have found that doesn't scream adult movies - I loooove it! ) are all perfection, but the chandeliers really do add an extra dimension. Don't you think?

Aerin Lauder's dining room

Annie Brahler via House Beautiful

Miles Redd






Versailles Hall of Mirrors - chandelier heaven!

via Centsational Girl - how awesome is this room? Check out that ceiling!

via Indulgy.com

via Mix and Chic

via ZsaZsa Bellagio - now we're talking!

via House Beautiful

via Paloma 81 - for anyone who's not into anything classical

My own little chandelier in my very humble abode! Sorry about the awful picture and the lego boxes in the background!

No comments:

Post a Comment