Background

Monday, June 10, 2013

Design crush: Sally Wheat





Houston-based interior designer Sally Wheat is my kind of designer. I love her combination of styles and periods, which add a touch of whimsy to her interiors and make them feel loved and lived in.  I like that her rooms exude calm, without becoming too serious or stiff and precious. I can imagine living in them - that's my most important criteria and she delivers. My only regret is that she lives an ocean (and then some) away!



The gold accents add warmth to the cool grey tones in the living room above and the fur-covered stools give the room a bit of kick. Notice the Beni Ourain rug in the foreground? Still love it!



Tuck me into that bed right now and I would happily stay there. Despite the dark walls, this room appears warm and welcoming. Using leopard print (in small doses) adds a dash of glamour to a room.




Malachite curtains alert!! Yum!

Source: Laurie Perez
Another favourite (see earlier post): the black on white abstract work of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment