Background

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Under a canopy


Dodie Rosenkrans' Venice Palazzo


I'm having one of those days. You know the kind, where everything seems to go wrong? I've developed a sinus problem and sore throat, my kids wouldn't listen to word I said and speaking up - make that plain old yelling - didn't help because a. it hurt too much, b. my voice sounded all wonky and c. the kids just ended up laughing in my face! So much for natural authority.

All I want to do is curl up in my bed and snuggle down with a hot cup of tea. Any bed will do. If I had the choice, though, it would probably be one of these insanely luxurious canopy beds. They're the kind I used to dream about as a little girl, all cozy, fit for a princess. It never occurred to me that those canopy beds served a purpose, that the grand houses of yore had no insulation, were drafty and uncomfortable and that a curtained bed was therefore a necessity.

These days there's no real need for them. They're like appendices, only a damned sight prettier! Don't you agree?



Carolina Herrera at home

Via Cococozy.com

Via Hunted Interior



Via Peak of Chic



No comments:

Post a Comment