Background

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Designer love: Jacques Grange


Source unknown

I am completely infatuated with Jacques Grange's style. This designer's ability to move seamlessly from classic to contemporary interiors and imbue each with a sense of timelessness is uncanny. He delivers both with verve, and I admire his balance when it comes to colour as well. There is neither nor too little of it, something you don't see that often. Opulent, eclectic, minimalist chic - he does it all.

I've often wondered, if I had the means and the inclination, which designer I would ask to decorate my home, and Grange is certainly in the top three! I'm especially crazy about his own apartment in Paris, which one belonged to the writer Colette, and which you can read about here. Nothing here appears staged, and all the pieces are interesting. The spaces are architecturally breathtaking, yet ultimately livable.


Robert Agostinelli's bedroom

Source unknown



Place des Voges

Robert Agostinelli's dining room


Grange's apartment in Paris

Grange's apartment in Paris

Valentino's apartment in NYC

No comments:

Post a Comment